Thursday, March 22, 2012


 Amnesia, a good basis for a plot... this particular story has a lot left unsaid.


The Tide of the Heavens.(2903, the war-zone, China, in a particularly god-fearing village)
Celeste

Blackness. Entangling around me. Swallowing and tearing me apart from the insides out. The pain, of loneliness, of despair and exhaustion. How could I keep fighting? It hurt so much. But then a hand  warmth, alight, calling me back -- “Who's this? Anyone seen this boy before? Well I guess we will have to take him in.” the rough voice, not the one that had called me back, sighed “strange he should wash up here with the winter tides and all. That is, unless he came from that place...” there was a strained silence. “Maybe we should just leave him after all. ah. Ha ha. ha.” the footsteps retreated, taking the nervous laughter with them. Leaving me all alone again. But, at least now I could move. I opened my eyes, and sat up. It was night and the frosty stars were beautiful specks of light, spanning the vast utopia of the sky. Celestial majesties reflected in the lapping waves. Celestial. How did I know that word? Or any others for a fact. Who am I? Where am I? These questions spun through my head coming to the conclusion; I need a name, then I can find out who I am. I guess at least I know what I am. As I do not think I'm human. Celestial means something more than human. So, I guess my new name will be Celeste. Celeste, yes, that has a nice ring to it. I suppose thats decided. My name is Celeste. And with that, I began to walk. Not caring for anything in particular. Just wandering.
The Wanderer of the Stars (a year later, Eden, Japan)

Misaka
I waved to my mom over my shoulder as I rushed out the door, Toast hanging out of my mouth and my hair like a birds nest. Somehow, I knew this was not going to be a good second day at my new school. Only recently had my family been able to get out of the slums and move into to the pollution and radiation free city. This was one of the greenest places on earth now, after the nuclear war ruined civilization at its peak and reduced half of the world to mutated desert plains. My family came from the slums, so we were exposed to radiation for the last couple of decades. Apparently I'm the only one who mutated though. That's why a lot of people at my new school think I'm a delinquent. My grades are good, My uniform is perfect, but my hair is blue, long, and I'm mute. DOONNGGG the bell! Argh I'm late! I jump with ease over several peoples garden walls, cutting through the houses in an effort to be there on time. The last wall! If I get over this last high one I'll be there. I jump and my legs swing, my hair falls out of its braids and I pitch over the wall, landing on someone just as the bell rings for the second time. Oww! I mentally squeal as I sit up and look down...

Celeste
I had been walking along the street in this so-called Eden when a girl falls out of the sky. I moan as she sits up and begins to blush furiously. I guess I'm the reason for that as at the moment she is sitting straddled on top of me. I was about to scramble away and run but then I catch a glimpse of it. Blue. Dark blue. Shining in the sun its lighter high-lights look like stars. It reminds me of the ocean that birthed me. Long, very long hair that is beautiful beyond compare. Who is this girl? Is she an, an angel? I feel I see wings and I stare almost reverently at her. An aura that sends shivers of amazement down my spine. I need to know more. Maybe I will stay in this city for a while anyway. Her hair ripples like waves as she whips he head around then runs off twords the “school” a concept new to me. Now if I get a computer from somewhere it will be easy to find her. Its hard to stay inconspicuous when your a child of the stars.

Misaka
Who was that boy? He both attracted me in some strange way and also repelled me with that cold demeanor. His looks were so, well, dark. Like black. But not the friendly black of a night sky. No more like cold fires of death. A black so dark and deep that it burned you to the bottom of the soul and yet still froze you with its icy touch. I shivered. Could it be that he was a mutation from the wastelands? Fear welled up inside me and threatened to burst out. It took all my willpower to stop thinking about his bottomless eyes as I ran along the school corridor.
By lunch I was sick with worry and had to be dismissed early. Taking the normal route from school this time. Just so I wouldn't meet the boy again. The boy... Now just thinking about him made me want to retch. I stumbled, leaning on the wall. My stomach was heaving and my breath came in short gasps. It can't just be from the boy now I thought, I must seriously be sick. I tried to get up and walk on but I couldn't. My legs gave way beneath me and I tumbled into darkness. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was “looks like the drug we administered is finally taking affect”...

Celeste
Hacking into the schools files was easy. Now all I had to do was check on her record and I'd know most of the details bout her. However what I read was certainly different from whatever it was I had been expecting.
Name: Izumoto Misaka    Age: 15 and 1 month     Pedigree: from the slums. Slight mutation.
blah blah blah
New student who came (1) day ago. Mute with blue hair. Not a troublemaker. Perfect grades. Ideal student. Pity she is a slum dweller. To be put in special class. reports from last year... Ect
  la lalalalalalalalallalallalalalalalalal
So it turns out she's an honor student, I mused. My eyes skipped down the page, suddenly I saw a little recently added note that managed to fill me with horror:
Went home early as she felt weak. A little bit later two male relatives dropped in saying they had come to pick her up but I told them she had started home. As they were worried about her I told them her route home. Perhaps she has a weak constitution...
They were already moving! I had finally found another star-child and They were about to pull her out of my hands. Unlike last time though, maybe I could do something! I switched off the laptop I had stolen and put it in my bag rushing out of the Internet cafe. If I didn't move soon who knew what they might do. My foot caught on a manhole cover and I crashed to the ground. SHIT! Theres no way I can get there in time like this! I panicked and ran over to one of the cars at the stoplight, opened the door and got in. “mister please take me to the JR hospital! My sisters surgery failed and they said she's gonna die within an hour!” the smooth lies rolled off my tongue a honey sweet undertone reaching into his brain and fueling it into action. “Alright kid! Of course I'll get you there. Man these days there are too many kids like you...” Mournfully he shook his head as he stepped down on the gas pedal “I'll do what I can so hang in there”  5 anxious corner-cutting minutes later the van screeched to a halt outside of the hospital and I jumped out “thanks for the lift, I'll make sure my sister knows that it was you who got me here” I waved and ran in to properly deceive him. “poor child, he's soon gonna become all alone, just like those wasteland kids. God bless his sisters soul” and with that the guy slammed the car door and drove off, giving me a me a breather. I didn't like lying but it worked well.
The facility She was taken to was most likely the one underneath the hospital. There were only two entrances and both were heavily guarded by Them. But of course, since not many people these days can drill through rock, I doubt they are bothering about the possibility of someone making a third entrance. Walking round to the back of the hospital I found a secluded bit of garden where I could dig in peace. Minor explosive spells wrapped round my arms, And I began to carve a hole bit by bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment