Thursday, March 22, 2012


an early on story.  But still please review



CURSED SEAL
An island. Not that odd, except for the fact its surrounded by sky on all sides; including the bottom. A floating chunk of rock, high in the sky above a normal green earth. Yup. Thats the place I call home. Me and whats left of our clan of course. You might ask what we’re doing up there when there is so much land beneath us, but you’ll understand if you know anything at all about the history of that place. You see, for thousands of years there where three main races that existed, humani, Sidhe and the rei-ukii. The humani and rei-ukii were always fighting, and while the Sidhe tried to stay out of it, they ended up getting caught in the crossfire and almost totally wiped out. My tribe is the only remnants of that once proud people. As for the other two, they ended up both exhausting their strengths, and therefore decided to share land equally, by building a wall that crossed the lengths of the world, effectively ignoring each other and our little island in the sky. Trapped in their little self-contained worlds.

Of the 3 species, we (the Sidhe) are probably both the weakest and the strongest. we always were small in number, only relying on the strength of our Warriors and those bearing the mark of the Cursed Seal to survive. Warriors are those of us who “evolve” becoming a different being at the age of 13 and losing their memories, since they are both insanely powerful and dependent on someone for guidance they make perfect killing machines. However, those who gain the Cursed Seal are even more powerful and rare, generally becoming great commanders because they retain their conscience and in fact get their brain speed sped up by about 15%. Unfortunately, one can only get the Cursed Seal by experiencing near death states as well as brimming levels of hatred, sadness and pain: such as seeing your beloved brother kill your whole family or something along those lines. Its like a bad joke played by nature; the only way to survive is to die.

The day I got the Cursed Seal is locked forever in my memories, and I never told anyone about it till now. I remember that that day it was raining. A beautiful gray dawn. Then the blood. I guess you could say it would be expected that my father would change after mother died, since he was a Warrior and she his care-taker, but no one could expect what happened. I was 4 and my mother dying from an illness. When she died suddenly in the night, my father merely sat and stared at nothing. And, as wind shook the house near dawn, he screamed, An eerie howling sound that rose above the wind and shook me out of bed. Then his power exploded, expanding like a cloud of smoke, it tore the house to shreds barely leaving my younger siblings and me alive. Beast-like and terrible my father stood, drenching himself in blood as he tore apart my younger sister. Brother was screaming, only two at the time yet braver than me; as I was crouching, immobile. I couldn’t take it in. I barely flinched as blood splattered over me, my brother ripped in half. The thing that was once my father screeched and pounded his head on the wet ground, leaving smears of something that was red. And smelled of iron. My mind couldn’t stand the pressure of betrayal, fear, death and horror that clouded my thoughts. In that moment, I think I snapped, and gained the Cursed Seal.

Time had slowed down for me. It seemed almost as if things were’nt moving at all, Fire flared up through my veins, fueled by a desperate will to live, and my Cursed Seal shone brighter and brighter till it filled my whole mind, I guess I lost control at that point. Because next thing I knew, I was sitting on top of Father’s chest, his body in shatters and blood on my hands. I started when a drop of rain hit me, as the air suddenly filled with water. A gray dawn. A grim dawn. And yet I laughed, Because I knew the sky was already crying for me.

That was ten years ago to the day, In a way this is what many would call an unlucky anniversary, as four in Chinese is very close to the word meaning “death”. A ironic curse of fate, because I was four at the time my “death” happened. Today, the elders of my clan are calling me. I wonder what for? Ah well I guess I’ll find out soon enough.I begin walking towards the Tree-Of-Green-Leaves where the elders hold council.


HALF AN HOUR LATER >.>

“WHAT!!?” I screamed, betrayed and disheartened, “You want me to go down to the continent and aid a bunch of HUMANS and  REI-UKII?” I couldn’t believe it. Those idiots had built the wall themselves, so why should I help a group of them destroy it when nearly all of the sidhe were annihilated to make it and help the two keep peace? “be calm Minatsuki Sachiko, you need to get out of here and let your emotions grow. spend time with other people of your own maturity down there and you might realize that despite the fact you live longer than most of them, they will know more than you. Also, we will not allow you to come back in-till you have fulfilled 99 dreams and ambitions. including those of the rebel group trying to break the wall” The elder sighed and then frowned. “you may go. be ready to go at dawn.” I nodded curtly And left to pack my stuff, furious with the elders, furious with those down below, and most of all furious with myself. Why had I acted so childishly in front of elder? I truly disgraced myself.Cheeks burning with shame I leaned against the wall of my room, and let out an anguished sigh. No wonder I was ordered to go down to the main world.

As I filled my traveling sack with necessities for living in the wild, I sadly looked out through the small window, staring at the buildings that had surrounded me ever since that day, and yet seemed so alien now, twisted as they were though a veil of tears. The trees that made up our village had been grown so the inside was completely hallow, with small openings in the gnarled trunks for elaborate doors and windows. My house had been up the track away from the village, on he cliff where the sun rose. It had been the only one that wasn’t a tree. Now four graves stand there, to welcome the day each morning, be it sun, snow ... Or rain. Maybe, it really is time for me to leave, if I’m already thinking gloomy thoughts like this again. And with that observation, I stepped out into the sunset, prepared to meet whatever down-below had to throw at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment