Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dungeon Master


 Dungeon Master- A Game of Worlds


  Blue. A bright electric blue surrounding me, filling my vision. What had happened? I was pretty sure I had died, since all I had seen was blood leaking from a gaping hole in my chest. Was this meant to be heaven then!?i hoped not. An electric sparkle caught my eye, a million tiny stars seeming to outline an inhuman face,  just as a emotionless voice resounded within my head. “Satsouki Ren. This is a world you would call the afterlife. However. You do not belong here. Since you are a rare type, a Player. Players are those who have memories that span many lifetimes, they will be born in one dimension yet with every death they will find another world, and play that universe to their tune. For you every world is a game, and you the Player. Every world a stage, and you the Actor. As you are only a newborn Player, this is your briefing for the new world, as you are to be the Creator's mediator in each star-span” (a star-span means a Players memory of each life) the starry face vanished, and a slightly more feminine one took its place, a sweeter, more bell like tone tolled out in my mind.”Name: Satsouki Ren. Current Star-spans: 1.  old world: universe 2.  new world; universe 363. new world size: small. Description: an illogical world fueled by an endless supply of life-force magic. Island floating in a sky, same size a universe 1 (earth) continent 'Asia'. Current state: 1.2 million years after creation, within an iron-age, two  sides of government fighting. Races on planet: assorted plants and animals, Shadows (a humanoid vaguely vampiric demon-type), elves, humani (human race), dwarves and dragons. Landing Location: Adamatsu forest, on the edge of world  Nearest town: shadow-killer out post. Age and form of body at landing: 15, healthy, shadow Lord-human shape changer. Red eyes, white hair and skeletal wings scar on back.” I was bemused, confused and surprised at the description  but to me, a lover of fantasy since I was small, it sounded perfect. But would I be the hero? Weren't shadows hunters of humans?( a memory transmitted to me by what I thought of the angel-like-star-thing) ”Satsouki Ren. Your role will be a shadow-killer who is actually a shadow, and yet co-exists with humans, reining in his blood-lust. You will search for an elf (a thief) who is another Player. To convince her of your identity call her by her original name 'Kathrine'then together your aim is to beat (within this game) the third player, a death loving human named Mikael. Now, go.” Mind still reeling, I yelped at the sudden sensation of falling, a black pit seeming to yawn at my feet, swallowing me whole and smashing me about till I lost consciousness.
When I awoke, I ached all over and iron tasting blood filled my mouth, spilling out on to the soft dewy grass under me. I felt weak and half dead. Cautiously, I sat up. And stared. I was right on the edge of an abyss that fell away to nothing, a small clearing on the edge of the world. And the sun was just coming up, A glory unheard of in earth's Japan; Golden shafts of sun streamed down out of a dusty pink sky, surrounded by an infinite eggshell blue. streaks of clouds blown hither and thither seeming to play and dance in front of my eyes. Orange and yellow rays warming up the forests golden browns and melting the dark shade away, a passionate aura of beauty and life seemed to begin to buzz up as the mornings sun hit the rocks beneath me. Wounded body almost forgotten, I got up to stretch and conceal away my recent doubts, yet sat back heavily when an inconceivably painful twinge in my side set my muscles cramping in agony.

No comments:

Post a Comment