Thursday, March 22, 2012

MOONLIGHT SHADOW CHAPTER 1


An experiment with my own writing ability. Inspired by the song (duh) Moonlight Shadow. try listening to it - its catchy -


Moonlight shadow (prologue)

I didn’t mean to give the power to him. And now I truly wish I hadn’t. But I had been dying, and the boy was there, in front of me. And god knows what would happen if I let loose my powers in a highly populated place like this. Still, that image of his first reversion is scored into my mind; The empty Avenue and burnt out street-lamps. As I came up behind him he turned, The flashback will slow as I remember my hands reaching towards his head, seeking contact with his mind. The scream as I let the power loose into his body. How he writhed in fearful agony on the ground, me soothing over and over again; “its alright. Accept it. If you accept it it wont hurt. I promise. Just accept it”. He didn’t listen, too far gone in his pain and still tried to fight it. For a boy of eighteen, that will power is abnormal, I  doubt even I could have stood against the demon that he was inheriting for that long. What felt like an hour later, but in reality was barely ten minutes, the demon won. However, it had to revert to its true form to be accepted into the boy’s body. The demons full form, one he had never pulled out for me or any other demon holder. And he had to pull it out just to get into this boys thoughts at all. There was no doubt about it. This boy would survive. And not only that, he would retain control of his mind and body and possibly even the demons powers. I shivered a feeling of foresight gliding over me as I came into the twilight of rebirth. Soon the very world will shiver in fear and awe. This poor bystander I had taken advantage of held the power to shake the world. Suddenly he stood up. and I saw him in all his glory, my breath taken away by a Moonlight Shadow


A quick reminiscence of the morning after that. (by me. the guy who inherited the demon)

My head hurt. Must’a gotten drunk last night. Otherwise I wouldn’t have those strange dreams about the crazy old man and whatever it was that he’d “given” me. That wasn’t a dream boy. Huh? where the in the world did that voice come from?I’m inside your head you idiot. Ah, I thought wisely. I’m still dreaming. Better get back in bed to see if I can wake up- how has someone as stupid as you become my master!? your not dreaming. Neither was last night a dream.You sure have some power for a thick-headed kid. The voice had begun to become exasperated. Anyway back on topic. I’m the “demon” you  inherited last night. My power is (unfortunately) in your command... By the way you better suppress your spiritual power, or all the exorcists in town will be here within the minute. I thought a moment, wondering what it meant by exorcists.Well then.” I (innocently) told the voice. “If your real, tell me how to suppress it.” imagine there is a well in front of you.  Do most people hear this when they go crazy? “uh... okay. But aren’t wells outdated? why can’t it be a tap?” That should probably annoy the voice. Whatever! just imagine its overflowing and put a lid on it or *sigh* turn off the tap. “but then, won’t the pressure build up?” Your probably the first one to ask that. but it leaks out anyway so your fine. Just concentrate on that for now.I’ll teach you other things later. Teach me?  had street skills and experience enough to survive thanks to my childhood.“whatever. I’ve done what you said and I don’t feel any difference.” *silence* Was the voice gone? I hoped so. “Uh, hello? if you don’t reply I guess I’ll just go to school now.” Um, actually the technique worked. where did you learn it before? What a weird question Mr.voice. Where would I learn something strange like that? I Wondered If the voice is crazier than me “what do you mean? I just did what you said. Never mind that though. I’m going to school and I don’t want you talking to me unless there is nobody around” wait!wait- I cut off the connection. I don’t know how, but I did anyway. I stretched and pulled on some clothes. As a high-school boy living alone, the world was a simple, easy place centering around girls and thrills. I wanted my world to stay that way. So as I slammed the door to my messy broken-down apartment, I also Slammed a door in my own mind pushing the memories and the annoying voice to the back of my thoughts. But, There was, as I soon found, no way to ignore my newly given heritage for long.

And so two years later, I’d become pretty infamous in the world of demons And rather renowned for my ability to avoid capture and easily over-power the exorcists in the area.  Unfortunately though, that put my  to exorcise “bounty” rather high. Which, like rats to rotten meat, brought exorcists from all over the nation. *sigh* my days of peace are over, but at least the voice can’t talk to me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment